What's For Dinner? The most dreaded question asked around here!

I will be putting all these recipes plus photos in my own cookbook made on www.heritagemakers.com/LaCee I'm excited to have a family cookbook around here to flip through quickly for dinner ideas! I'll post as often as my crazy, busy life will allow.


Share some love! Let me know what you thought of the recipe if you tried it! Don't hold back, it won't hurt my feelings! It'll only help others who read this blog :).

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole


I tweak this recipe a bit to fit our taste preferences :).

1 Can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Cup cooked Peas
2 TBSP Chopped Pimiento (Optional)^^
2 Cans (6 oz each) Tuna Drained and Flaked^^^
2 Cups hot cooked medium Egg Noodles
2 TBSP Dry Bread Crumbs^^^^
1 TBSP Butter or Margarine, melted^^^^

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix soup, milk, peas, pimiento, tuna and noodles in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Bake 20 minutes, stir.
Mix bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle on top. Bake 5 minutes or until hot.^^^^

^^I've only used the Pimiento once, it tastes great with or without it.
^^^I use canned chicken instead of tuna, it gives it a different taste. We aren't tuna fans around here either, but I totally suggest trying it both ways, see which one you like best! :)
^^^^I don't bother with the dry bread crumbs, takes more work than I'm usually willing to put into it. I've used corn flakes cereal or Lays wavy potato chips, tastes great with either one, both are a family favorite :).

Family Rating*****
Reheat Rating *****

No comments:

Post a Comment