What's For Dinner? The most dreaded question asked around here!

I will be putting all these recipes plus photos in my own cookbook made on www.heritagemakers.com/LaCee I'm excited to have a family cookbook around here to flip through quickly for dinner ideas! I'll post as often as my crazy, busy life will allow.


Share some love! Let me know what you thought of the recipe if you tried it! Don't hold back, it won't hurt my feelings! It'll only help others who read this blog :).

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

Another childhood favorite, I had forgotten about this meal until about 2 years ago when my mom made it for us while helping take care of me after a surgery. I, of course, begged her to write it down for me and have made it multiple times since :).



Sauce:
1 Large Can Chicken
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Chicken Bullion Cube
2 TBSP Cornstarch
2 Cups Milk

In skillet mix and heat milk and Bullion Cube until cube dissolves. Add Cornstarch then soup, mix well then add chicken, bring to a low boil and simmer at very low heat.

Dumplings:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 Teaspoons Salt
3 TBSP Shortening
3/4 Cup Milk

Cut Shortening into Flour, mix in Baking Powder and Salt, add Milk. Drop dumplings by heaping spoonful on top of boiling Sauce ingredients, cover and simmer until dumplings are springy to the touch.

Family Rating***** Reheat Rating--I really can't rate this one, there's never any leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment