What's For Dinner? The most dreaded question asked around here!

I will be putting all these recipes plus photos in my own cookbook made on www.heritagemakers.com/LaCee I'm excited to have a family cookbook around here to flip through quickly for dinner ideas! I'll post as often as my crazy, busy life will allow.


Share some love! Let me know what you thought of the recipe if you tried it! Don't hold back, it won't hurt my feelings! It'll only help others who read this blog :).

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cheesy Potato Soup & Homemade Rolls

I realize I was a slacker last week and only posted 1 recipe :(. Here's to hoping I don't slack again in the near future!




Soup


About 6 Red Potatoes diced, Do not Peel the skins!!! It's great with skins, especially with Red potatoes!**
1/4 Cup diced onion
2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
Seasonings to taste (I use Thyme, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder or Salt, Onion Salt and Basil)
Thickening: 1/2 Cup Flour & 1 Cup Water***

Boil diced potatoes and Onions in just enough water to cover them until soft, I like to add a little of the spices to the potatoes before boiling. Add Cheese Seasonings and Thickening, stir until desired consistency and Cheese is melted.

**Regular potatoes work just as well and taste fine, you can peel them or not it depends on your tastes, I personally think regular potato peelings give food a dirt taste, but this may just be me :).

***I like to add some salt and pepper to my thickening otherwise it tends to make the soup taste kind of floury.

Family Rating*****
Reheat Rating*****


Rolls



This is partially my own personal recipe, I created it by combining certain ingredients and tips from two recipes because I liked the way one tasted and the other was quicker to make :). It is really easy, anyone can make it so I suggest you try!!!

3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cube Margarine or Butter
3 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Yeast
1/2 Cups Warm Water

Soften Yeast in 1/2 Cup Warm Water. In microwave warm Milk and Butter together, set aside to cool. When Milk is cool add Sugar and stir then add to Yeast. Add Salt and Flour (if dough is sticky add more flour until soft but not sticky). Let rise 10 minutes in bowl. Separate and roll into equal balls onto cookie sheet and let rise 10 more minutes. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Family Rating*****
Reheat Rating*****

No comments:

Post a Comment